Saturday, November 15, 2008

1-2-3

Right this minute I have 3 books on my bedside table: The Barefoot Contessa Back to Basics by the lovely Ina Garten, Jhumpa Lahiri's Unaccustomed Earth and ABC's a la Charley Harper.

I could hardly wait for the new Barefoot Contessa cookbook. Some of my most favorite meals come from her older cookbooks: TURKEY MEATLOAF & STRING BEANS WITH SHALLOTS. I'll start flagging recipes from this newest book while cozy in bed with a cup of tea.

I adored Jhumpa Lahiri's Interpreter of Maladies and look forward to this collection of short stories in Unaccustomed Earth. A short story is about all I can read at the end of the day....

And the last is truly my newest favorito: a board book of the ABC's illustrated by the late Charley Harper. Charley Harper was a Cincinnati-based American Modernist artist. He was best known for his highly stylized wildlife prints, posters and book illustrations. It's Everett's new bedtime book fave too.


No comments: